Keeping your patient information safe
The HIPAA Privacy Rule provides federal protections for individually identifiable health information held by covered entities and their business associates and gives patients an array of rights with respect to that information. This information can be a variety of things, but the bottom line is we believe in HIPAA compliance and guarantee to follow all rules and guidelines set forth.
Like all information we house, Clarity HCS promises diligence in keeping your medical information private and secure. The consequences of the loss or compromise of this data can be grave. A patient can experience a lost sense of security and a client could be hurt financially and legally. Clarity HCS ensures our clients are protected. We do not cut corners or find the cheap way to make sure all data is backed up with safeguards and even physical security. All this and more we do to guarantee HIPAA compliance and more!
In general, to be HIPAA-compliant, a web site must at a minimum ensure that all protected health information be:
- Encrypted: Is always encrypted as it is transmitted over the Internet
- Backed up: Is never lost, i.e. should be backed up and can be recovered
- Secured: Is only accessible by authorized personnel using unique, audited access controls
- Maintained with Integrity: Is not tampered with or altered
- Storage Encryption: Should be encrypted when it is being stored or archived
- Permanently Disposalable: Can be permanently disposed of when no longer needed
ClarityHCS can literally help to improve, optimize, or automate almost any part of your organizational footprint. Whether it be through web, HIPAA security and compliance, system exchanges and interactions, file and data movement, data transformations, systems integration and ‘cross-talk’, or simply to speed up, optimize, or automate existing processes.
These are just a few of the elements we hit. We incorporate a lot more and are willing to work to make your site HIPAA. So give us a call at 615-454-5678 and let’s get your website needs taken care of, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and tell us if your current site needs work. We’re here and ready to make your dreams, any size, become reality.